UW Medicine at South Lake Union
Researchers at UW Medicine’s continually expanding biomedical and clinical research hub at South Lake Union (SLU) are working to develop life-changing therapies and medical breakthroughs. The site includes more than 1,200 researchers and staff in five lab buildings.
Green design is a hallmark of UW Medicine’s South Lake Union campus, a recipient of the American Institute of Architects Washington Council Civic Design Award. The buildings include sustainable, high-performance features such as a highly efficient chilled beam radiant cooling system, significant natural day-lighting supplemented by automated lighting control systems in laboratory areas, and exterior sun shades that limit solar gain, further reducing energy use. Sustainably harvested wood decking and low water use vegetation complete the design.
Resources and Programs at South Lake Union
- 14 Tesla NMR/MRI/MRS
- Bio-Molecular Imaging Center
- Cell Analysis Facility
- High Throughput Screening Core
- Histology and Imaging Core
- Stem Cell Core
- Northwest Metabolomics Research Center
- Nutrition Obesity Research Center
- Proteomics Resource
- Pathology Research Services Lab
- SLU IVIS Imaging Center
- Shared Equipment List: limited to cost center participants
- SLU Lab Services
- InfoCentre Workorder Login: Report and track building maintenance issues.
- Resource Scheduler Login: Schedule meeting rooms and auditoriums and checkout A/V equipment.
- SLU Site Resources: Net ID access to SLU site resources such as access cards and photo ID request forms on the School of Medicine intranet.
|Facility Operations Manager